Bold, layered ingredients from globally-inspired Chef Moosah with a contemporary American twist
Introductions are in order so let’s dig in…..
Long before Chef Moosah Reaume became the personal chef for global basketball star Carmelo Anthony, attended the French Culinary Institute in New York, worked for one of his culinary muses at Jean George Vongerichten, The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges or worked up the ranks of The Windy City’s most renowned hotels, he worked at Gumbo’s Louisiana Style Café in Austin, Texas. He developed an affinity for the kitchen by age 13, as a Southerner with a Thai-born mother and a father of French-Canadian descent, who both imparted their family’s culinary heritage. Hence how he discovered his affinity for Southeast Asian spices combined with southern comfort cuisine.
This September, Commons Club, completed its open-kitchen renovation, with our (devilishly good looking) Executive Chef Moosah Reaume debuting a bold and eclectic dinner menu with reinvented takes on contemporary American dishes.
Chef plans to bring his Thai heritage with a southern spin to the forefront of the hotel’s flagship second-floor dining room designed for those who love to nosh, nibble and play.
We sat down with Chef to talk the Top 10 things To Know about him outside the kitchen. Here’s what we found out:
- Moosah Competes in Masters Cross Fit. Because how else do you gain muscle for cookin’ up a storm.
- Enjoys all things retro: Pumas, Jordan’s, Nintendo
- Loves to paint. A true artist!
- Lives in Logan Square. (that’s why he rocks the funky socks ;)
- Was a b-boy growing up. He’s got the moves.
- Used to build hot rods. #Vroom.
- Biggest pet peeve is dirty towels
- Scorpio. (You know what they say about Scorpios….)
- Used to compete in MMA (mixed martial arts)
- Has two kids and an English bulldog
*A Note from Chef Moosah*
Join us at Commons Club, nightly! Serving food ’til 10pm.