From small acts of kindness to awe-inspiring events, we’re looking back on 2020 with a (cocktail) glass half full. Despite the hardships and extraordinary circumstances humanity has faced this year, some pretty amazing things have happened too.
Here are some things we’re grateful for in 2020:
- We stand in awe of the selfless dedication of nurses, orderlies, doctors, and other health workers who risked their lives to save ours. The kindness of truck drivers, grocery stockers, and farmworkers doesn’t go unnoticed either. Thank you.
- A record number of Americans turned out to vote in the national election, pandemic notwithstanding. We’re proud.
- People connected and reconnected with friends, relatives, and colleagues over Zoom and FaceTime chats. Rekindling relationships and building new ones virtually is something we’re grateful for. Quite a few virtual weddings happened too, and we will not confirm or deny we shed some tears!
- Despite travel changing in 2020, Virgin Hotels Dallas, Virgin Hotels Chicago and Virgin Hotels Nashville have invited guests in during uncertain times; making us grateful to share moments and memories with them, and for our teammates who go above and beyond every day.
- Drive-in movie theaters made a comeback, bringing back a sense of community that most people thought was gone forever. Here’s to that small-town feel no matter where you are.
- …also, our lives will never be the same after “Tiger King.”
Here’s what we’re looking forward to in 2021:
- We must say first: a Covid-19 vaccine and a healthy planet.✌️
- Spending quality time with friends and family (in person!).
- Summer Olympics in Toyko (slated for July 23, 2021).
- Broadway Shows (light slated to shine again May 30, 2021)
- The grand opening of Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Virgin Hotels New Orleans and Virgin Hotels New York! Whew.
- Dining out and drinking at local bars and restaurants.
- Self-care: holistic festivals, yoga classes, spin, mani, pedis, massages, facials.
We wish everyone a safe and happy new year. May our biggest common challenge in 2021 be deciding where to travel first!
Written by: Sara Nielsen