Committed to Caring:
CLEANLINESS & SAFE DISTANCING STANDARDS
Virgin Hotels takes cleanliness standards very seriously and has always been committed to ensuring delightful stays for all guests. The COVID-19 pandemic requires that we review and update our standards to ensure that we keep our global community of travellers and our teammates safe. We are following the guidelines set forth by the Scottish Government Guidance for safer workplaces in response to COVID-19. The health, safety and knowledge of our teammates are essential to an effective cleaning and safe distancing program.
All teammates at each of the hotels have been trained and given guidance to deliver heightened hygiene standards. We have taken measures above and beyond our normal cleaning and added precautions on disinfecting frequently touched surfaces including elevator buttons, light switches, door handles, counters, public bathrooms and staircases. PPE will be required to be used by all teammates in accordance with Scottish Government advice. Below are the extra cleaning protocols and precautions that Virgin Hotels has put in place for you and our teammates.
- Housekeeping is disinfecting highly touched areas including, telephones, door handles, bathroom taps and shower handles; television remote control, thermostat, light switches and electrical plugs before and after guest(s) arrive and/or depart.
- Disinfecting television screens and knobs.
- Placing travel size hand sanitisers in all the Chambers for hotel guest.
- Housekeeping spraying and disinfecting
- In addition to enhancing our hygiene protocols, hotel teammates are also completing COVID-19 awareness training.
- Entrance doors of the hotel are frequently being cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitisers are located throughout the hotel for all visitors.
- Front desk teammates are washing hands frequently, utilising hand sanitiser and wiping down desk and areas often touched, especially iPads and room keys.
- Lobby furniture including arms of all chairs regularly wiped and cleaned.
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of door handles.
- Rubbish bins are regularly wiped down.
- Disinfecting high-touched surfaces.
Meeting & Event Venues
- Hand sanitiser stations are located throughout ballroom area for all guests.
- Doors and light switches are cleaned and disinfected repeatedly.
- All tables and chairs are disinfected before and after being used for meetings.
- Floors and carpets are regularly vacuumed and steamed.
- Tablecloth and podium are wiped and disinfected before and after use.
Restaurants & Bars
- All entrance areas and door handles will be cleaned and sanitised.
- The Host(ess) stand will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- All telephones, computers, iPads and menus will be disinfected frequently.
- Where appropriate, disposable menus will be used.
- All furniture, including tables, chairs are regularly wiped and disinfected.
- Coffee machines in our coffee shops are wiped and disinfected every hour.
- Eliminate shared carafes of milk and creamer instead we will customise every order.
- Personal or refillable mugs will no longer be accepted.
- In the back of house, hand sanitiser stations are found at each dishwashing machine.
- Glove usage is reinforced and disinfecting wipes are available for all teammates.
- Cooks, Chefs, Stewards and all teammates are required to wash hands and sanitise thoroughly before putting gloves on.
- Teammates disinfect the handles on the dishwasher machine before and after usage.
- Chefs and cooks disinfect workstations before and after their shift.
- All workstations and high touch surfaces, such as stoves, ovens, etc. are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Stewards must wash hands, disinfect and put on new gloves after touching the garbage, after sweeping and after mopping floors.
- We’ve amplified the disinfecting of all gym equipment.
- Fitness centre will be cleaned 3 times per day and checked hourly to disinfect equipment and high touch point areas.
- Disinfectant gym wipes and hand sanitisers are available for guest use.
- Fitness centre will be deep cleaned using electrostatic sprayer and appropriate disinfectant on a nightly basis.
- Single use individual cups are used with water dispenser.
- All teammates disinfecting and cleaning the fitness centre are wearing gloves while grabbing the garbage cans and towels.
- All highly touched counters are wiped and disinfected regularly.
Heart Of House
- We’ve amplified all hygiene in areas that our teammates work (aka: behind the scene); focusing and ensuring linen closet and door handles are frequently disinfected.
- Hand sanitisers are located throughout Virgin Hotels back of house for all teammates to have access.
- All shared workstations, computers and telephone are now cleaned and disinfected often.
All teammates at each of our hotels have been trained and given guidance to ensure we provide safe social distancing measures. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines. Restaurant and lounge tables, bar stools, and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Teammates will be reminded to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible. PPE will be required to be used by all teammates and hotel guests in accordance with Scottish Government. Below are the protocols we have put in place for you and our teammates.