1) Hit The Mission for street food, music, and fashion. On Saturday, April 20th celebrate the 49th year of Earth Day on Valencia Street (between 19th & 20th) with live music, environmental speakers, hands-on Eco workshops, a sustainable fashion show, and an organic chef showcase.
2) Honor the OG environmentalist, John Muir, with a visit to Muir Woods. On April 20th, all National parks and monuments are free to enter: so grab your backpack and head North into the great wide open.
3) Get your outdoor yoga and picnic on in the park. Hit Presidio Picnic on Sunday, April 21st for their lineup of 30+ international mobile food creators representing the best of San Francisco’s multicultural food scene, curated by Off the Grid. Pregame with a free yoga class from CorePower Yoga.
4) Skip the grocery store and head to the Farmer’s Market. SF is home to over 20 Farmer’s Markets within city limits, so forego the crowded stores and packaged goods in favor of local, organic produce from neighboring farms around the Bay Area. Just don’t forget your reusable grocery bag.
5) Go shopping. Wait, what? Yes, we gladly give permission. Because in celebration of Earth Day, SF-based eco-friendly footwear brand, Allbirds, is releasing five new limited-edition colors inspired by endangered birds with All proceeds from sales of the collection will be donated to the Audubon Society.
Happy Earth Day, Earth Lovers.