The Know: Terms & Conditions
Virgin Hotels The Know Program Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: October 1, 2022
Welcome to Virginhotels.com!
By participating in the Virgin Hotels The Know loyalty program (“The Know”), you agree to the Virgin Hotels Terms of Service, available at virginhotels.com/terms-and-conditions-the know/as updated from time to time (“Service Terms”) and the additional terms specified below, available at https://virginhotels.com/terms-and-conditions/ as updated from time to time. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the meanings assigned to them in the Service Terms.
These The Know Terms & Conditions, as updated from time to time (“Loyalty Terms”), govern your membership in the Virgin Hotels The Know loyalty program (“The Know”), which is owned and operated by Virgin Hotels, LLC (“Virgin Hotels,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
- Consent to Terms
BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT, BY USING YOUR ASSIGNED MEMBER NUMBER, AND/OR BY ACCESSING, ENJOYING OR REDEEMING BENEFITS OF THE KNOW (INCLUDING PRIVILEGES, AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU EXPLICITLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:(I) YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THESE LOYALTY TERMS AND THE SERVICE TERMS (AVAILABLE AT VIRGINHOTELS.COM/TERMS-AND-CONDITIONS/), AND
- Eligibility; Membership
- Eligibility Criteria.
- In order to participate in The Know, you must be an individual and at least twenty-one (21) years of age (or the age of majority at your place of residence, if higher).
- You must at all times provide valid, accurate and current personal information.
- You may only have one membership, and joint accounts are not permitted.
- You are not eligible to participate in The Know if your use of the Services (in whole or in part) has previously been revoked or terminated.
- Ineligibility. If we determine that you do not meet any of the above eligibility criteria, in our sole discretion, we may deny, revoke or terminate your membership, and you will immediately forfeit all Privileges (as defined below).
- Membership. Once you register for an Account (as described in the Service Terms) and receive a membership number from us, provided you meet all eligibility criteria, you will become a member of The Know (“Member”), eligible to access, enjoy and redeem Privileges.
- Eligibility Criteria.
- In General.
- The benefits, privileges and rewards of membership and participation in The Know (“Privileges”) include those described in these Loyalty Terms and at com/the-know/, as updated from time to time.
- Unless otherwise specified, Privileges are only available for access, enjoyment and redemption by active Members and for qualifying stays with participating properties, where the reservation is made directly with Virgin Hotels (for example, through our website or mobile application or by phone) and not through third-party websites or online travel agencies (OTAs).
- Except where explicitly stated otherwise, only the Member whose name first appears on the room reservation is eligible to access, enjoy and redeem Privileges, and only one Member per room, per stay may receive Privileges.
- Some Privileges may be subject to certain additional requirements, conditions or restrictions. For example, “Contactless Stay” requires use of our mobile application, and access to The Spirit Hour and certain other events and facilities are limited to guests 21 years of age and older (valid ID required). Any special offers are “Promotions” under the Service Terms.
- All Privileges are subject to availability, are void where prohibited by law, and are non-transferable.
- Any and all tax liability in connection with membership or participation in The Know, or access to or enjoyment or redemption of Privileges, is the sole responsibility of Member.
- Member-Only Rates.
- Where rates are advertised or identified as “best” or “member-only” (“Member-Only Rates”), such rates offer a discount of at least two percent (2%), and up to five percent (5%), off the lowest applicable available public rates provided directly by Virgin Hotels for the applicable room type (subject to availability); we may not have knowledge of or control over rates listed through third-party channels.
- Member-Only Rates are available at participating properties, and advanced reservations are required. You must provide your Member number (or the email associated with your account) at booking; we may not be able to apply this Privilege to existing reservations. Member-Only Rates do not apply to groups of ten (10) or more guest rooms (e.g., booked for the same dates) and may not be combined with other offers, promotions or discounts.
- Changes to Privileges. Virgin Hotels reserves the right, at any time in its sole discretion, (i) to modify the Privileges, as further outlined in Section 5 below, and/or (ii) to offer any Privileges to non-members or through separate loyalty programs or promotions.
- Third-Party Providers. Virgin Hotels may engage third parties to provide certain Privileges or services. VIRGIN HOTELS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY, FOR THE GOODS AND SERVICES OF THIRD PARTIES (including any changes to or discontinuances of such third-party goods or services).
- In General.
- Processing of Member Information
- Disclosure of Member Information. The Know loyalty program will only disclose Member information to: authorized vendors or third-party service providers assisting us in the operation, management, improvement, research and analysis of The Know loyalty program, such as booking engines, property management, point-of-sale, reservations, and marketing companies. Member information will, in each case, only be disclosed for one or more of the following purposes:
- 1) in order to better service the Member and the Member’s preferences by keeping the Member informed of account status and activities through printed or electronic statements;
- 2) to assess a Member’s entitlement to benefits;
- 3) to collect and process Member charges incurred at Virgin Hotels properties;
- 4) to offer a Member additional products and services;
- 5) to send periodic satisfaction or market research surveys; and/or
- 6) to offer a Member products or services from select reputable companies with whom The Know has a strategic relationship because The Know believes their offerings will be of interest to the Member.
- Termination; Changes to Program or Loyalty Terms
- Termination of Program. Virgin Hotels reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate The Know at any time, with or without reason. If The Know is terminated, Virgin Hotels shall have no obligation to offer a replacement program. We will endeavor to honor any Privileges guaranteed when booking, prior to termination of The Know, for a specified period of time following notification that The Know has been terminated. Nothing will grant, or give rise to, any claims for reimbursement, substitution or exchange of other services. Members will not have the opportunity or right to earn or accumulate additional Privileges once Members have been notified that The Know has been terminated.
- Termination of Membership. You may cancel your membership in The Know at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Virgin Hotels reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate (effective immediately) Member’s membership in The Know for any reason or no reason, including any actual or alleged misuse of such membership or the program (or a third-party Loyalty Program) or for any actual or alleged violation of any portion of the Service Terms or these Loyalty Terms. Misuse may, for example, consist of unruly or disrespectful behavior towards Virgin Hotels or any of its personnel, or any third party in connection with the Services or a hotel stay, fraudulent claims, any criminal acts or acts that are generally regarded as immoral or unethical, failure to pay any bill when due to Virgin Hotels or a participating property, or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting fraud, theft or dishonesty in connection with Member’s membership, as determined in Virgin Hotels’ sole discretion. The foregoing is not intended to limit Virgin Hotels’ remedies; Virgin Hotels may also take any appropriate legal or administrative action in its sole discretion.
- Effect of Termination. Upon any termination of The Know, or your membership or participation, except as otherwise explicitly stated in these Loyalty Terms, all Privileges unredeemed as of such date shall be forfeited and cancelled without remuneration or any further obligation or liability, and no Privilege claims will be honored thereafter.
- Changes to Loyalty Terms. Virgin Hotels reserves the right to modify the Loyalty Terms or other applicable terms or conditions at any time, without notice. The current version of these Loyalty Terms are available at <link>. Please ensure that you check these Loyalty Terms regularly to view any updates. Your continued membership or participation in The Know after these Loyalty Terms have changed constitutes your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any revised Loyalty Terms, you should discontinue your participation in The Know.
- Changes to Program Details. Virgin Hotels reserves the right to add, delete or otherwise change any of the rules, procedures, conditions, requirements, Privileges, and other aspects of The Know in its sole discretion, even if such changes may affect the value of Privileges already accumulated.
- Virgin Red
- Virgin Red Program. Members may be eligible to participate in the Virgin Red membership and rewards program (“Virgin Red Program”) operated by Virgin Red Limited (“Virgin Red”). The Virgin Red Program is a third-party Loyalty Program (as defined in the Service Terms), and Virgin Red is an unaffiliated third-party provider. Enrollment and participation in the Virgin Red Program is governed by the terms and conditions available at com/virgin-red/terms-and-conditions/, as updated from time to time (“Virgin Red Terms”). If you become a member of and participate in the Virgin Red Program, your relationships and transactions in connection therewith are between you and Virgin Red.
- Promo Codes. Members that register with the Virgen Red Program may be eligible to earn a unique, one-time promotional code which is redeemable for Virgin Points by individuals who are members of both The Know and the Virgin Red Program (“Promo Code”). Promo Codes are subject to all terms applicable to Privileges in these Loyalty Terms, but are issued by Virgen Red and are governed by the Virgin Red Terms.
- Collection Activity. In order to earn a Promo Code, Member must:
- Register with and become a member of the Virgin Red Program via the Virgin Red website, available at com/virgin-red/;
- Book a stay at a participating Virgin Hotels property (“Participating Hotel”), in advance, directly through the Services; and
- Complete your stay, including the required check-out process.
- Participating Hotels. Participating Hotels include all Virgin Hotels properties listed on our website, available at com/, that are currently accepting reservations, except those properties listed at virginhotels.com/the-know/.
- Delivery of Promo Codes. Virgin Hotels will provide you with the Promo Code from Virgin Red in the week (up to seven (7) days) following your stay. Each Promo Code is redeemable for 2,000 Virgin Points and will expire sixty (60) days after the date of issuance by Virgin Red.
- Redemption of Promo Codes. You may redeem the Promo Code for Virgin Points by logging in to your Virgin Red account. You are responsible for entering the Promo Code into the Virgin Red app or website to be awarded two thousand (2,000) Virgin Points by Virgin Red. If you do not do so by the expiration date, your Promo Code will expire. The Virgin Red Terms apply to your collection and spend of Virgin Points.
- Collection Activity. In order to earn a Promo Code, Member must:
- Virgen Red Contact. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Virgin Red Program, Promo Codes, Virgin Points or the Virgen Red Terms, please contact Virgin Red directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Virgin Red Support, Virgin Red Limited, 66 Porchester Road, London, W2 6ET, United Kingdom.
- Virgin Hotels ContactIf you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding The Know or these Loyalty Terms, please contact us at email@example.com or at Virgin Hotels, LLC, Marketing Department, 3390 Mary Street, Suite 218, Miami, FL 33133.