Virgin Hotels – Do Disturb
- Eligibility: The Virgin Hotels Do Disturb Contest (the “Contest”) is open to everyone who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Virgin Hotels North America, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, and its affiliates (collectively, Virgin Hotels”) One Trick Pony or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Sponsor:The Contest is sponsored by Virgin Hotels Dallas, LLC (the “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest/Entry Period: The Contest begins on November 19, 2019 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 29, 2019 11:59 PM Eastern Time (the “Contest Period”).
How to Enter: Visit the Do Disturb Landing page (dodisturbdallas.com) during the contest period. Provide all of the required information, as directed by the landing page. Entrants must enter their (1) email address and (2) zip code and successfully submit that information by clicking the “submit” button. Once these steps are complete, the entrant has been entered for a chance to win. Limit one (1) submission per person.
Submissions received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Submission of erroneous or incomplete personal information will void the entry. Submissions might not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the email address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries may not contain any content that:
(a) is sexually explicit, profane or pornographic, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability;
(b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
(c) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
(d) contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others without their permission;
(e) contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without their permission;
(f) contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or deceased without their permission;
(g) appears to place any person or animal in a dangerous or potentially harmful situation; or
(h) violates any applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Submission, in its sole and absolute discretion, on the basis that a submission does not meet the above criteria, is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Each entrant represents and warrants that (a) such entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the submission and all rights associated therewith; (b) such entrant has the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the entry for this Contest and to transfer and assign to the Sponsor any and all rights in and to the entry as provided for herein; (c) the submission is original to the entrant and no part of such submission has been published; (d) no rights in the submission have been previously granted to any person, firm, corporation or other entity or otherwise exercised or exploited; (e) the submission meets the criteria as provided for in this Section 4 and is not otherwise offensive and is in keeping with the with the Sponsor’s image and reputation, as determined by the `Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion; and (f) the submission does not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights.
Entrants understand and agree that they shall retain all ownership rights in submission; however, by submitting an submission, Entrant hereby grants Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licenseable and transferable license to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify or dispose of any submission, in whole or in part, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever.
By submitting a submission, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may obtain many submissions in this Contest and that your submission may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted in this Contest or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor, and you waive any and all claims you have or may have, now or in the future, that any submission and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or its designees) are similar or identical to your submission. Except where prohibited by law, you acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to your submission.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners (2 separate entrants will be selected, in total) will be notified via the email address they provided for the required submission of the contest and will be required to respond within three (3) business days of date of its issuance. If response to such notification is not received within specified time or any potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to the eligible entry with the next highest score based on the Judging Criteria. If winner is at least twenty-one (21) but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Winners will be selected at random, at the discretion of the sponsor.
- Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents or the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner.
- Prize: PRIZE: Grand Prize package (2 grand prize packages in total): Grand Prize package consists of: A trip for two (2) (winner and one (1) guest) to stay at Virgin Hotels Dallas on a date to be determined by Sponsor. Trip consists of the following: double occupancy accommodations for winner and one (1) guest for three (3) days/two (2) nights in the Guest Chamber at the Virgin Hotel in Dallas, TX (Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) $3,000). Airfare is included in the grand prize package. Flight times and locations are to be determined by the Sponsor. Winner is responsible for taxes on prize. Prize cannot be substituted, transferred or exchanged for cash value. Attendance must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Winner must have all necessary photo ID, passports and other documents necessary for travel. Winner must provide a valid credit card upon check in to hotel to cover any incidentals and damages.Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment, using the Judging Criteria (as set forth above). The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Warranties and Consents: By completing and submitting an Entry, you: (a) represent and warrant that (i) you have read, and agree to be bound by, these Official Rules (ii) based on the Rules, you are eligible to participate in the Contest, and (iii) all of the information provided as part of your submission is accurate, does not violate any third party’s legal rights (including without limitation rights of privacy and publicity), and otherwise does not violate applicable law; (b) consent to the use of your name and/or likeness by the Sponsor for promotional purposes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law; (c) agree to be bound by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor which are final in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, their parent(s), officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an Entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing or judging of Entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the New York County, New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Contest Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Virgin Hotels DoDisturb Contest, 3390 Mary Street, Suite 218, Miami, FL 33133. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period. VT residents omit postage.