Blink Twice If You Need Help
From parking to pets, inclusions to exclusives, we’ve got all your most frequently asked questions covered.
Still need help? Reach out to our team – they'll be only too happy to get you the answers you need.
Where can I park?
We have partnered with St. James Quarter for a discounted rate for overnight parking.
There are two entrances and exits available:
Via St James Place: EH1 3BP
Via Leith Street: EH1 3AS
As you enter the car park, you'll receive a ticket - please bring this to our Junction Team on check-in and they will exchange it for a new ticket which, when used to pay at St James Quarter parking, will have the discount applied.
St James Quarter is approximately a 15-minute walk uphill to reach the hotel, so we would recommend parking your bags with our Concierge team before heading over to the car park. Our main entrance on Victoria Street can be accessed from George IV Bridge. When using a sat nav or GPS, we recommend searching for the National Library of Scotland to ensure you are directed to the correct side of Victoria Street to arrive by car. Please note due to road closure, the hotel cannot be accessed by car from Grassmarket.
Below are some alternative car park options that are slightly closer to the hotel, however we do not offer a discount for these locations. The cost ranges between £20-£35 per 24 hours.
- Q-Park Quartermile, EH3 9AU (10-minute flat walk
- NCP Castle Terrace Car Park, EH1 2EW (10-minute uphill walk)
- NCP Edinburgh Holyrood Rd, EH8 9UL (15-minute uphill walk)
How do I get to the hotel?
From the airport
- A taxi to the hotel is approximately 25 minutes and, on average, costs £25 each way.
- Edinburgh Trams stops right outside the airport. Hop off at Princes Street and it’s a short walk up a big hill to the hotel.
- The Airlink 100 bus connects the airport to St Andrew Square. From there it’s a 12-minute walk to the hotel.
From the train station (Edinburgh Waverley)
- 15-minute walk uphill via North Bridge and the Royal Mile.
- You can get a taxi from the taxi rank outside. This should take less than 10 minutes and cost £10, approximately.
Are you pet friendly?
Yes, up to two pets per room, as long as they fit in the lift.
Does my booking include breakfast?
It depends on which rate you’ve chosen. To find out if breakfast is included in your stay, contact email@example.com with your confirmation number to ask one of our teammates.
What types of rooms are suitable for families?
- Our Family King Suite, featuring one king bed and a separate bedroom with bunk beds and a sofa bed for up to three children under 17 to share.
- Our Two-Bedroom Suite, featuring our signature suite, Sir Richard's Flat, with neighbouring Grand Chamber King with an interlinked corridor to enhance your VIP experience.
- Our Family Chamber featuring two neighbouring Chamber King rooms (with a twin bed option in one room).
Which rooms have a castle view?
Can you add an extra bed or baby cot?
Baby cots can be requested for all chambers and suites for children aged 2 and under at no additional cost. Extra beds can be requested for most suites for children 3 – 17 for an additional £50 per night (paid on arrival).
Can I request early check-in?
Our usual check-in time is available from 3pm. If you’re an eager beaver, you can request early check-in, which is subject to availability. Contact us ahead of your stay to let us know what time to expect you so we can make our teammates aware.